Claudia Law has been teaching Landscape Quilts for over a decade.
At the 2019 Nature’s Landscape Fall Retreat, you’ll have unlimited access to a multitude of items that make art quilts so wonderful. Paints, fibers and much more are available throughout the retreat, and all will have a chance to learn about these products, and how to use them. Attendees will have free, unlimited access to all supplies during the retreat, to use in the completion of their project.
The project you’ll be recreating into your own unique piece of textile art is this “Gilded Lilies” – evocative of Claude Monet’s famous Impressionistic paintings.
Also included in the cost of the Teaching Sessions will be the background fabric, a spool of sparkly “Glitter Hologram” Superior Thread, a spool of Superior brand Smoke Monopoly thread, and more.
The retreat venue will again be at the fabulous Big-K Guest Ranch, on the beautiful Umpqua River, near Elkton, Oregon.
Claudia’s Teaching Sessions fee is separate from Housing/Meals costs. See page on this website: “Teaching Sessions REGISTRATION FORM for the 2019 Nature’s Landscape Art Quilt Retreat”, for Teaching Sessions fees, and other information.
Enrollments for all retreats are limited to 12. Spaces left: 11
Claudia Law is an internationally recognized art quilter and teacher,
who has a seriously joyful relationship with fabric and the natural
world. Claudia’s vision is to capture the beauty of nature and power of
good design. She revels in color and rejoices in texture, movement,
luminosity and the illusion of transparency – using paints, fibers, folded, raw-edged fabric applique, beading, fabric confetti, thread sketching, free-motion quilting and 3-D fabric motifs as needed,
to bring life to each unique creation.
During this 4-day retreat you will:
• Discover how to use art media (paints,colored pencils and inks, and more) to enhance and enliven your art quilt.
• Embellish your quilt to add texture and interest.
• Develop an understanding of the intrinsic qualities of design elements that are either vertically or horizontally formatted, as well as the basic rules for creating believable landscape quilts.
• Find out how to create believably beautiful landscape quilts.
• Enrich your art quilt with your own hand-made 3-D fabric motifs and other embellishments.
• Receive a collection of fabrics that will help you in creating some of the major elements of the whole design.
• Have fun with Angelina fiber and fabric confetti, and learn how they can add texture and interest to your art quilts.
• Receive a collection of other supplies, such as hand-dyed tulle netting that will be used to secure your own hand-made fabric confetti.
• Discover the wonder of color, and how to use color and value to create the illusions of depth, transparency, luminosity and movement, using opaque fabrics in a flat format.
• Receive a paint palette and brushes to keep.
• Combine colored fabrics to suggest light reflection and luster.
• Enrich you art quilt with texture.
• Gain basic knowledge of free-motion quilting.
• Learn how to blend your design into the borders or binding or use borders to lend support to the main design.
RETREAT VENUE: Big-K Guest Ranch, on the banks of the Umpqua River, in Elkton, Oregon. :